/ Position: HEMS Pilot
/ Location: Glasgow
Gama Aviation are a market-leading provider of flight services with a varied portfolio of high-quality contracts across the world. We’ve been managing Scotland’s air ambulance for over thirty years and are seeking to recruit additional pilots for our rotary operation based at Glasgow airport. Flying in a stunning environment with constant challenges from both weather and terrain, this is probably the most rewarding experience a professional helicopter pilot is likely to face. Both an H145 type rating and HEMS/NVIS training will be provided for the right individual who can rise to the challenge and demonstrate commitment to this globally successful aviation company.If you’ve had some experience in an onshore capacity and are comfortable operating both single-pilot IFR and at night, then please apply to be considered for this exciting vacancy. Further career opportunities are also available for pilots with either training or management experience, and prospects for promotion are excellent as the company continues to expand its rotary division.Suitable applicants will be invited to discuss their personal situation by phone in the first instance, followed by a face-to-face (or MS Teams) interview. Please do not apply unless you meet the person specification detailed below./ About us:
- Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits!
- Welcome Bonus and/or Relocation Package for the right candidates!
- Equal Time Rosters and generous Holiday Allowance!
- Type Rating and HEMS/NVIS training included for the right candidates!
- Opportunities for professional development!
- For more details, read on!
Gama Aviation is a hugely diverse business that offers much more than perhaps its name would suggest. Yes, we fly but we also save lives, provide mission critical intelligence, and build systems that deliver decisive advantage.With operations in the UK, US, Middle East and Hong Kong a career with us can offer travel, personal growth opportunities and the ability for long-term progression in a fast paced and dynamic service industry./ Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:Essential
- Current CAA ATPL(H) or CPL(H) with Instrument Rating
- Minimum 1500 hours as pilot-in-command of aircraft, of which 500 hours is as PIC on twin-turbine helicopters
- Minimum 1500 hours twin-turbine helicopter experience
- Minimum 500 hours operating experience in helicopters, gained in an environment similar to the intended operation
- Minimum 100 hours IFR, of which 25 hours IFR flight experience has been achieved in the relevant operating environment
- Minimum 40 hours as pilot-in-command of helicopters at night
- Physically and mentally fit to undertake demands of the role
- Fluent English, driving licence, right to live & work in UK
/ In addition to a Competitive Salary, we will offer you:
- H145 type rating
- Familiarity with AOC HEMS operations
- NVIS experience
*(Subject to insurance underwriting)
- Competitive Group Pension Scheme
- Comprehensive Life Assurance *
- Comprehensive Income Protection *
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance *
- Comprehensive Private Healthcare, with the ability to add Family Members at a discounted rate (after successful passing of probation) *
- 2 Paid Volunteering Days each calendar year (subject to line manager approval)
Due to the volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 20 working days then your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.